“In sharing my works, I share my deepest self; to myself and others.”
I paint in the “process” approach wherein I allow the piece to flow as it will. I begin with an impulse, thought, theme or emotion, then trust the instinctual process of call and response to guide me.
Painting in this gestural abstract style means the physical piece created is the completion of the actual work in and of itself. It does not call for defining but may be enjoyed as pure human expression brought forth. The mystery hidden within finds expression outwardly.
I never know what will emerge as the painting connects me to an inner unknown separate from my critical, analytical and conscious self. The gift of the painting is in the reveal of my inner terrain. I am always surprised.In sharing my works, I share my deepest self; to myself and others.
- Born and raised Northwest gal; Resides in Seattle, Washington.
Commercial and Corporate Installations:
( past and current )
- Café Artemis, 201 Elliott W., Seattle
- Trusted Family, 400 Yale Ave. N., Seattle
- Afgo Associates, Seattle
- Friday Harbor House, San Juan Islands, Washington
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center, Snowmass Colorado.
- Pratt Fine Arts school, Seattle, Washington
- Gage Academy, Seattle, Washington
- Semester at Sea, 2011, four-month voyage around the world
- University of Washington, ‘92
- Master of Urban Planning with an Architectural Design certification
- Western Washington University, ‘82
- B.A. Cultural Anthropology
- Outward Bound, ‘78
- The Lakeside School, ‘78